A collaborative space conducive for teaching, learning and research.
Discussion Rooms in UP Engglib make learning even more productive by specifically intending to cater the needs of the students for their academic-related interactions. These rooms, available at the Circulation, Serials, and The Learning Commons sections, are equipped with comfortable seating, spacious desks, and whiteboards to provide library users a place for academic discussions and group study sessions. In addition, the Discussion Room at TLC is equipped with an interactive whiteboard, allowing students to enjoy a new way of studying and discussing among their peers.
To use the discussion rooms, users can simply leave their countersigned ID at the librarian in charge and sign the logbook. Each group can only stay for a maximum of 2 hours and certain rules should also be observed while using the Discussion Rooms. Feel free to approach the librarian in charge for assistance.
The following rooms are available for use upon approval of reservation:
UP Engineering Library I
Conference Room (Faculty only)
Graduate Reading Room - Ergonomics Section (8 students-min. of 3)
Graduate Reading Room - Kinematics Section (8 students-min. of 3)
Discussion Room - Geodesy Section (8 students-min. of 3)
Discussion Room - Satellite Section (8 students-min. of 3)
Discussion Room - Simulations Section (8 students-min. of 3)
Discussion Room - Thermodynamics Section (8 students-min. of 3)
UP Engineering Library II
TLC Multimedia Room (Faculty only)
TLC Discussion Room (20 students-min. of 10)
ERG Discussion Room - Frequency Section (10 students-min. of 3)
ERG Discussion Room - Programming Section (10 students-min. of 3)
ERG Discussion Room - Signal Section (10 students-min. of 3)
ERG Discussion Room - Transistor Section (10 students-min. of 3)
Discussion Room Online Reservation Guidelines
- When reserving a discussion room online, please provide a working e-mail address and phone number so we can contact you regarding your reservation.
- Only faculty members may reserve the TLC Multimedia Room and the Conference Room.
- Discussion Rooms are strictly for Academic Purposes Only.
- TLC Discussion Room is intended for academic discussions with the use of technology equipment only.
- For usage of Discussion Rooms, maximum of two hours per reservation only.
- To avoid the misuse of the library's discussion rooms, it is now required that the student who requested the facility be present on the scheduled date of the use of the facility. The student must bring an ID to be presented to the staff and confirm that all the participants of the group are from the UP College of Engineering. Otherwise, the reservation will be cancelled.