Umbrellas are available to be borrowed at the Circulation/ Reserve sections of UP EnggLib. This service is exclusive to UP College of Engineering students and faculty members only. #tarasaEnggLib
Here for you, come rain or shine
The International Association of University Libraries (IATUL) is a prestigious international library association that aims to provide a framework of support for library decision makers by conducting a series of workshops for leadership training and forums for the exchange of ideas relevant to librarianship. This year, the Conference was hosted by the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano University Library last June 18-22, 2017 in Bolzano, Italy.
The University of the Philippines Diliman College of Engineering Library II provides computer laptops for borrowing - exclusively for the use of enrolled UPD COE students - on a first come, first served basis.
- Actively enrolled UP COE students may borrow a laptop for room-use only.
- A duly countersigned ID and Internet Use Card (pink card) are required to borrow a laptop.
- A liability agreement, as part of the Laptop Lending Form, should be fully understood and signed by the user before the equipment is lent out.
- Only one (1) laptop is allowed per user. A user is not allowed to borrow a laptop from another student.
- Only the laptop will be lent to the user. The charger and other accessories will remain at the Circulation/ Reserve section. In the event that battery is exhausted, user must return the equipment to the Circulation/ Reserve section for replacement.
- A laptop can be borrowed during library hours for four (4) hours and must be returned to the Circulation/ Reserve section after the loan period. Borrowing may be extended if the equipment is available.
- A laptop may be used within the premises of the UP COE Library II only. Bringing the laptop outside UP COE Library II is prohibited and will be considered a violation.
- The laptop should be returned at the Circulation/ Reserve section of the UP COE Library II only.
- Users are not allowed to give the laptop to a third party to return.
Fees and Damages
- Users are responsible for the security and prevention of damage to equipment while it is in their possession. Users are responsible for any laptop that is lost, damaged, or stolen.
- In the event that a user would fail to return a laptop during the day it was lent out, the user would be penalized by having less/ no opportunity to borrow next time.
- A user is also responsible for the replacement costs for laptops given to a third party to return which are damaged or stolen. The user would be informed of the necessary replacement costs for lost or stolen laptops.
- Contact the library at email@example.com if item is lost or damaged or immediately file a report at the Circulation/ Reserve section.